2011年1月30日 星期日

Serve the deaf angels!!!

  On the 28/1/2011, my class went to the Hong Kong Society for the Deaf Bradbury Special Child to take care the children with hearing problem. We prepared games, bookmark drawing's activity and snacks making's activity(making pineapple and sausage's sticks and spreading nutella over a biscuit). Actually, we only stay there for three hours, but I am glad I did go to take care these children when reflecting the involuntary spirit I encountered that morning.

  It isn't true that take caring children with hearing problem for three hours is an easy job. I once thought that it was going to be an easy job before I visited the centre as I have plenty of expereinces of taking care children. I have three cousins who are at the same age with those children. I believe I am surely the right person to fit in  this task. However, soon after I started handling this task, I found that things weren't going on the right track. The task was much harder and devastating than what I thought before. The child who I am responsible for is very shy and refused to chat with me, no matter how hard I tempted him to laugh and talk. I then thought the problem was due to their hearing problems, so I spoke louder and closer to his ears. It didn't help and the boy seemed scared of me. I really feel depressed. Luckily, I began to recognize the real hindering problem. I have never considered about the poor child's needs! I kept talking and talking, without realising he actually didn't understand what I mean. Speaking loud to him wouldn't help him feel better, but creating a false image that I am scary. It is an easy task if I have paid attention to his real needs.

  These children also have talents. I was amused when the boy drew beautifully and painted perfectly on the bookmark. I couldn't believe that children who are different from the normal ones can also create such miracle. God is fair, isn't he? When he took away something from a person, he would surely give other things to him. It is really wonderful after understanding the message brought up by this talented boy. 

  As shown obviously above, this boy is a teacher as he taught me a lesson. What's more? Perhaps he's also an angel - Thanks for granting me that joyful three hours.        

2 則留言:

  1. Hey 伯爾尼i am happy to know that u have learnt something through the service .maybe i should also open a blog and share my views with others:>
    布里奇特

    回覆刪除
  2. Hey Brid... So so unbeliveable that you will follow my footsteps. That's great! But how about the language problem you mentioned before?^.^ ~~~

    回覆刪除